EPISODE 20 - can be listen to here - http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/14391
The people behind Captain America must really hate us. Leonardo DiCaprio has been RUMORED to be Captain America.
Kevin Smith Vs. the MPAA
Two Face clip is out. You only see half of it though.
Even Marky Mark thinks he sucks. M Night has even called his new movie a "B movie"
Stan Winston died on Monday - Terminator 2, Aliens, Jurassic Park, and many others.
Get Smart Review
39.2 million for the weekend - my predictions for the lines movie critics will use
If they like it - Get Smart is smart or Get Smart outsmarts the competition
If they didn't like it - Get Smart, missed it by that much
- Don't expect a lot out of this movie. It does have some funny parts but it's not the best American comedy
- Steve Carell does a great job of showing a lot of aspects that Don Adams brought
- Anne Hathway is mighty hot in this and she's got a lot more action scenes than I expected
- The Rock....is the Rock
- The story has a few gaps in it, most importantly what the motive of the main bad guy was
- Bill Murray has a nice quick cameo as Agent 13
- Not really a spy parody like Austin Powers is, more like an action comedy
- Alan Arkin really comes over the top and shows some great action bits
- There are some really great action sequences that are quite surprising
- Terence Stamp has that classic bad guy feel to him; he was still best as General Zod and in this movie too he's got a huge hulking underling too
- The script is decent enough with a good amount of really funny stuff, other times it's more miss than hit.
- Overall - B-
Over hyped movies:
These movies can be called over hyped or overrated depending on how you're talking about them. That means you hear a person or a group of people rant and rave over a film and then when you watch it you're like, "So what?" So with this list, it's going to be hard no stepping on anyone's feet or love for a movie since, by definitions, the movies we're going to be covering, for the most part, are loved.
- Talk about he use of trailers and how some trailers lie about what the movie is actually about (ex. Pan's Labyrinth, Proof, A Beautiful Mind, Reign Of Fire, 28 Days Later, Blair Witch, Man Of The Year, Pirates 3)
- Talk about the reliance of CGI in movies to get people to go see it (ex. Battlefield Earth, The Matrix sequels, Shrek 3, Jurassic Park 2 and 3, The Day After Tomrrow, Pirates 3)
- Cloverfield - stands apart. It's a good movie but not worth becoming a frickin detective over it
Over rated movies:
- Citizen Kane - maybe I'm not smart enough or I don't appreciate all that Orson Wells did for cinemtography, but I have to disagree with AFI's list every year that puts this up at number 1
- The DaVinci Code - the book was so hyped up that I don't think as many people read it as claimed to...why? Because it was horribly boring!
- Star Wars - Episode 1 - why George? why?!?!?!?!?!
- One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - this is just a boring, unintelligent, nothing happening movie
- Apocalypse Now - it's a good movie, but it's waaay to long for a war movie and uses a lot of symbolism
- Scarface - if you're a rapper than you have to own this by law. Really, there's not much here in the way of a coherent movie
- The Shining - some of it freaky, but there is not a lot of explination and a lot doesn't happen in it
- The Seventh Seal - it might have been good when no one knew which way to point a camera, but Ingmar Bergman didn't really write or direct anything special here.
- Fantasia - just horrible, not a good kids movie at all
- Blade Runner