Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Boy And His Dog - Review

A Boy And His Dog

Remember when people, mostly librarians, would say don't judge a book by its cover? Ya, whatever, the cover is what sells the book for most first time authors. If anything, the cover is what grabs people's attention to pick up the book and see what it's all about. So when I see a nuke explosion with a smiley face, I'm going to pick up the movie at least.

So when I pick it up with a smile I read the title and think that the movie is about a post-apocalyptic world where a boy tries to survive and help his dog survive as well. Ya know, a tale of boyhood love in a world of chaos.

Then I watched the movie.

Don Johnson plays Vic who somehow has a psychic link to his god, Blood (voiced by Tim McIntrie). He makes the dog sniff out food and water. However, most of the movie is having Blood sniff out a woman. When Vic finds a girl, she leads him to an underground city where the people there can't reproduce and who are really wacky. So they want Vic to impregnate a few women and then they want to kill him.

Grade - C+

What a freakin weird movie! The movie never explains how the two characters get psychically linked or how Blood can talk. I mean not even Vic saying something like "Geez, I wonder how this happened and how I can hear you talk". This movie reminds me of what Lassie would be like if Timmy was in puberty and a nuke exploded in Maybery. This isn't a horrible movie but I can't really see a decent plot in the hunt for sex. This movie is listed as Sci-Fi but I'd file it next to Spiderman 3 under boring. This is still better than Spiderman 3 though.

1 comment:

JohnOliver said...

The post is very informative. It is a pleasure reading it. I have also bookmarked you for checking out new posts.
Exam Questions